Our Innovative Programs
Making A Mountain Impact One Step at a Time.
At The Next Summit, we don’t just talk about change; we actively work towards it. Our programs are the heart of our mission, driving the change we envision for outdoor recreation. It’s all possible thanks to the generous support of our readers and Next Summit members.
Comprehensive Guides and Resources
- 80+ Route Guides & 200+ Resources: Comprehensive information with an emphasis on safety and ethics.
Free Training for the Public
- Mountain Skill Development Webinars: Free monthly webinars on essential skills like avalanche awareness, wilderness survival, and more.
Targeted Awareness Campaigns
- Social Media Advertising Campaigns: Partnering with the Colorado SAR Association and LNT Center, we target specific areas like altitude sickness prevention.
Advocacy and Policy Work
- Professional Public Policy Advocacy: Focused efforts on state and local issues affecting public access, safety, and conservation.
- Fix CRUS Coalition Leadership: The Next Summit a founding member and executive officer in this multi-sector public access coalition.
Field Support and Direct Aid
- Financial Support to Partners: Direct aid to organizations like Leave No Trace Center, Colorado Search and Rescue Association, Colorado Fourteeners Initiative, and more.
Future Research Initiatives
- 14er Visitor Survey Project: An upcoming project in 2024 to gain insights into hiker demographics, preparation, and beliefs to further inform our education efforts.
Support our programs as a Next Summit Member
Our day-to-day work is more than a series of actions; it’s a concerted effort to make the outdoors safer and more sustainable. Whether it’s through public training, advocacy, or direct financial support, we are committed to making a difference, one person, partnership, or public policy at a time.
Join us in our mission and be part of a community that cares.
Become a Summit Supporter
Our members are the backbone of our success. Join us in being part of the solution to our growing outdoor recreation impacts in Colorado and beyond. Your contributions support public training programs, social ad campaigns, policy advocacy efforts, and much more.